Dr. Shanker Sundrani
Neurosurgeon & Neurologist in El Paso, Texas
Dr. Shanker Sundrani is a Neurosurgeon & Neurologist in El Paso, Texas and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area. He received his medical degree from SN Medical College Agra and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Sundrani accepts all types of Health Insurances. He is one of the 5 Neurosurgeons in private practice in the city of El Paso. He speaks multiple languages including English, Spanish, Hindi and Sindhi.
Specialties & Qualifications
Dr. Shanker Sundrani is currently certified in Neurosurgery & Neurology.
Neurological Surgery :
Neurosurgeons treat disorders of the brain and nervous system,skull , pituitary gland, spinal cord, meninges, vertebral column, cranial and spinal nerves. He uses minimally invasive surgery, Neuroradiology imaging like CT, MRI, Functional MRI and many other methods and techniques. Patients come to him for conditions like Strokes ( Bleeding & Non-Bleeding ), Hydrocephalus, Head or Spinal Cord Trauma, Spinal Disc Herniation (Neck, Upper Back & Lower Back), Infections, Tumors, Headaches, Seizures ( Fits and Spells ), Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis ( MS ) and many other Brain & Spinal Disorders.
Following are the sub specialties in which Dr Shanker Sundrani specializes
- General Neurosurgery
- Spine Surgery
Education & Medical Training
- University of Missouri-Columbia Residency , Neurology
- St Louis University School of Medicine Residency , Neurology
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System Residency , General Surgery
- North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System Fellowship – 2 Years, Neurological Surgery
- SN Medical College Agra ( 1972-76 ) Medical School
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certified in Neurology
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Certified in Neurological Surgery
- TX State Medical License Active through 2017
Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- AANS Fellow